Want to live and work in Australia? We have the perfect packages to suit anyone and everyone. We offer successful candidates chances to Work and Travel in Aus, Au Pair in Aus as well as gain amazing work experience through Internships! Spend your gap year, career break or just earn some cash before travelling, in glamorous sun kissed Australia. For more information on our opportunities, why not visit our shiny new website- http://ausjob.co.uk
- All year round
- Full 12 month membership to our dedicated job service
- Airport pick up
- Full Orientation
- 2 nights in a Sydney Hostel
- Help setting up a bank account and tax file number
- Full UK and in country support
- Visa assistance (if required)
- Drinks deals and much more…
- Work and Travel starts from £449
Australia has it all and with our AusJobs you will get; deserts, beaches, forests, snow drenched mountains and outstanding diverse cities. Most Australians live in cities along the coast, from Sydney to Melbourne and ending with Perth, you can be assured that you will be at the forefront of what’s new and happening in the world. Australia has sunshine all year round and boasts idyllic beaches from its extensive coastline. With stunning natural beauty stemming from the Great Barrier Reef to snow topped mountains and great weather all year round, Australia is really the place to be.
Due to a prospering economy, with AusJob you can earn $1000 dollars a week doing basic work such as bar, restaurant and sales work in Sydney. In line with Australian governmental policy, workers with AusJob wishing to stay for a 2nd year must work on a farm during their first year for a minimum of 88 days. We offer our AusJob applicants Outback employment from construction, fruit picking, and working on crop fields to herding cattle with our Work, Travel and Ranch package. This incredible country doesn’t stop there, the people and their attitude to life is often one of the most memorable things about visiting Australia.
Australians are most well known for their outlook on life in that life should only be lived to the fullest. Fun loving, talented, adventurous and devoted are just a few words which describes this nation of patriots. Let’s not forget the nations roots, the ‘aboriginal’ population have carved themselves a place in society contributing to a wealth of cultural, historical and social artefacts that makes the land of down under what is it today. If you like sport, fitness or any type of activity, Australia really is the place for you. As one of the most active nations in the world, the Aussies have no shortage of enthusiasm for sport and health. As an important part of Australian culture, sport dates back to the pre-colonial period and has an ever lasting legacy upon its inhabitants. From Aussie rules, rugby league and union to basketball and cricket, the land of down under has really mastered the art. Whether you are into playing sport socially, or actively attending the gym and having strong commitments to club teams, Australia will not fail to satisfy your every sporting need.
Australia is a country, an island and a continent in itself. Spanning 7.5 million square kilometres it is not for the faint hearted, but for those wishing to encompass adventure, thrills and excitement. Australia will really provide the experience of a lifetime and memories that will last forever. With a great variety of things to do and places to see, Australia with our AusJob really does have it all. Now earn the money to be able to live the dream. With South East Asia and New Zealand in close proximity, this could be the real money earner you need. Go down under and experience the real Aus experience.
WORK AND TRAVEL PACKAGES
Our Work and Travel packages offer the perfect opportunity for travellers to see the amazing sights of Australia, and earn some money while doing so. We have a range of packages available so read on below to see which one best suits you. All of our packages include everything written on the ‘What’s Included’ tab as standard, as well as any extras mentioned below.
Work and Travel Only
Despite regulations in the 417/462 Working Holiday Visa (explained on the ‘Visa’ tab), as AusJob act as an agency, our Work and Travel package provides you with 12 full months of job support throughout your time in Australia. During this time, you are more than welcome to pop into our Sydney offices at any time, where the team will help you with a variety of things.
The team in Aus will work with you, your strengths and your previous experience so make sure your CV is well written and upto date. Most of the positions we have available in Australia are classed as unskilled so you do not necessarily need any particular training, just a friendly, hard working attitude. These jobs tend to include warehouse work, stewarding and fruit picking amongst others. However, if you are wanting to work in hospitality or construction or if you want to give your CV an extra boost then click here to check out our training page for a range of short courses that will really help you get your foot through the door.
Work, Travel and Fun
The name says it all! Who doesn’t want to Work, Travel and have an amazing time down under? Whether travelling in a group or on your own, this is the perfect start to your Aussie adventure and the best part is that it’s all arranged for you.
With this package you get everything that’s included in the standard package as well as:
- 7 nights pre-booked hostel accommodation (incl breakfast daily) at Sydney’s funkiest hostel
- Monday – Arrive, check in, chill out and get ready for a BIG week of Fun
- Tuesday – Grab your swimmers and your sun screen because today you are out on a boat on the most famous harbour in the world! Jump on board, and make sure you bring your camera along to capture the sights of Sydney Harbour. Enjoy your first swim in Aussie waters at one of Sydney Harbour’s best beaches, and end the day kicking back with a waterfront lunch and a glass of wine!
- Wednesday – Drive through a beautiful Sydney National Park and see koalas and kangaroos in their natural habitat. Then, it’s on to the Hunter Valley for a spot of Wine Tasting. Learn about the history of the region, whilst sampling a few vinos!
- Thursday – Today is Lunch at the fabulous Sydney Tower restaurant. Make sure you are feeling hungry because your taste buds will be tingling when you see what is on offer – seafood, kangaroo, alligator and that’s just for starters. Not feeling so adventurous? No problem, there are vegetarian and plenty of other options too.
- Friday – Surf‘s Up! Let our Aussie Instructors show you the ropes and you will be surfing in no time. Before you know it, you will be riding the waves on one of the best learn to surf beaches in Australia. Tonight it’s party time! When the sun goes down, it’s time to hit the best bars in town and enjoy some free drinks on our Sydney Pub Crawl!
- Saturday – Have a sleep in and then prepare yourself to get up close and personal with some of Australia’s unique wildlife at Sydney Wildlife World. Whether it’s furry or scaly, with 4 legs or 8 you will see creatures like you have never seen before as well as all of the national favourites including koalas and kangaroos!
- Sunday – Get out and stretch your legs whilst enjoying the great Aussie sunshine. Take a stroll along one of the most beautiful stretches of coastline in Sydney and head to the most famous beach in the Southern Hemisphere, Bondi Beach. Take a dip in the ocean and enjoy a good old Aussie BBQ to finish off the week!!!
This package starts on the first Monday of every month so you need to take this into account when booking making your plans and booking your flights.
Work, Travel and Dive
Experience Australia’s greatest natural wonder from the best position – underwater! Learn to dive in one of the most beautiful locations in the world – the Great Barrier Reef. Even if you are putting the snorkel and mask on for the first time, you can learn to dive and gain your PADI certificate which is recognised worldwide.
With our Dive package, you get everything included from the standard Work and Travel package as well as:
- Learn to dive at one of the best diving locations in the world!!
- Upon successful course completion, obtain your PADI Gold Open Water Certification (2 passport photos needed for certification)
- PADI Open Water Manual, dive log book & all stationary included
- 9 dives (4 training dives and 5 pleasure dives – includes 1 night dive)
- Accommodation transfers
- All dive equipment (includes wetsuit, dive computer and torches)
- Dive Insurance
- Experienced, patient and friendly instructors and the support of one of the most well known diving companies in the world!
This course starts on a Monday every week so take that into account when booking your travels you need some time to get over the jet lag!
Work, Travel and Surf
Live the Australian dream! Surfing is one of the most popular activities in Australia, and when you try it you will find out exactly why. Perfect for people with no experience, our learn to surf course will give you the confidence to be riding waves in no time. It’s absolutely frothing! When you have mastered the waves, come in and see us and start working to save up enough to buy your own board!
As with the above packages, you get everything from the standard package included, as well as:
- 5 day / 4 night Learn to Surf Course
- Progressive lessons – start off as a beginner, finish off as a pro!
- Friendly, experienced and fun instructors who will teach you the ropes, whilst making sure you have a great time
- Air Conditioned Bus Transport to and from the best learn to surf beach in Sydney
- All meals – you will be working up quite an appetite so there is always plenty of good, healthy food to keep you going
- Comfortable and clean beachside Cabin style accommodation (4 nights)
- Look the part with a free Rip Curl t-shirt
- Celebrate becoming a surfer with a few drinks at the end of the course back in Sydney, with free pizza thrown in!
The tour departs every Monday morning so make sure you arrive a few days beforehand to settle in.
Work, Travel and Ranch
A trip to Australia isn’t complete without experiencing the outback. Forget the city, get down and dirty in the country! You will be taught all the skills you need to live and work on a farm from sheep shearing and cattle mustering to fencing (the building kind- not the sport), riding, tractor and quad bike driving. And best of all, you can utilise your experience by getting a job working on a farm.
This package is also perfect for those looking to secure their second year visa. It includes all of the standard bits and bobs, as well as:
- Action packed 5 days of farm training
- All food and accommodation for 6 days – Hostel style accommodation
- Transport from Sydney to the farm at the start of the week
- Training on everything you need to know to work on a farm including:-
Sheep shearing, cattle mustering, quad bike and tractor driving, milking cows, using farm tools, learning general farm hand skills and much more!
- This is an amazing outback experience with a job offer at the end of the course so you can put your skills to good use.
- This package is a great option for people that want to apply for a 2nd Working Holiday Visa as well as those that want to experience the “real” Australia!
Again this is another package with a Monday departure, be prepared!
With AusJob our process is nice and simple and the team will be with you throughout to help at every stage.
Once the team have received and assessed your application they will give you a call to chat through everything. If for some reason you are not successful they will be in touch to explain why, but if your application is successful (which most are) the team will talk you through the application process and answer any questions you may have.
The next stage depends on what you, the applicant, wants to do next. Some applicants are happy to pay their stage 1 fee (£59) at this stage, while others would rather secure their Working Holiday Visa (417 or 462) at this stage, whichever you choose is fine with us. The visa is very simple to apply for, and most people hear back within a day or two (please see ‘Visa’ tab).
Having both paid your Stage 1 fee and secured your Working Holiday Visa, it is now time for your flights. Once the AusJob team receive your first payment, they will pass your details onto our lovely flight partners who will help you find some great deals on flights and help organise your travel insurance as well.
Stage four is the final stage and it all requires from you is your final balance payment. This sum of this payment will depend on which package you have chose.
In order to participate in the AusJob programme you need to be able to fulfill the following requirements. In order to gain the 417/462 working holiday visa.
You might be able to get this visa if you:
- Are at least 18 but not yet 31 years of age
- Do not have a dependent child accompanying you at any time during your stay in Australia
- Have a passport from an eligible country.
- To see a list of eligible countries please click here
This visa allows you to work and travel in Australia for 12 months, in this time you are only allowed to work for one employer for a maximum of 6 months.
In addition you are allowed to study for up to 4 months, (any longer and you need a student visa)
After your working holiday visa has been approved you have the option of gaining the a second year to your visa. In order to get this you need to complete 3 months (88 days) of specific work in regional Australia.
Welcome to our FAQs! We’ve put together the best answers to the questions that most baffle our beloved AusJobbers. If your question isn’t answered here then please feel free to drop by our office or get in touch with us by phone, email or on our Twitter and Facebook.
What do I need to go and work in Australia? You must be between 18-30 years old, you will need a Working Holiday Visa (Visa 417 or 462), a flight to Australia, a valid Passport and around £2,000 in the bank. Either on arrival or before you go, you will need to arrange a Tax File number and a Bank Account. With the exception of the £2,000 in the bank, we can help you with all of the above.
My passport isn’t a British passport, can I still get a job through AusJob? Yes, as long as you are eligible for a Working Holiday Visa (Visa 417). We have placed many people from most European countries in jobs. Please click here to see if your country is part of the Working Holiday Program: Eligible Countries
How long do I need to work in the Outback in order to Qualify for a second year in Australia? 88 days as a minimum. This can be spread out over your first year, but most people get it done in one go.
I do my 88 days and then what? You must apply for a second visa through the Australian government. The description of the work you have done and the post code of your rural work place are critical to the success of your application. If in doubt, contact us and we can help you with the wording.
What kind of support do you provide? We have offices in Europe (Manchester and Amsterdam) and a main office in Sydney full of lovely AusJob staff who will be happy to help you with whatever you need.
What is the cost of living in Australia? For the duration of your stay in the Outback the cost of living will be close to zero, with food and accommodation included with the job. However, living in the cities does involve a lot more costs. Many of the cities involve a similar cost to living in London, with Sydney being that bit more expensive. If you are staying in hostels and backpackers it can be very expensive, but getting a flat with some mates is a great idea to save some money, even in the heart of big cities. Also, the amount of money you earn (normally £600+ a week) will cover all but the most luxurious expenses.
For how long do I need to be available for?
It is entirely your choice, you can work for as long or as little as you like. We only have a minimum stay on our Internship programme of 6 weeks. However, the good news is, with AusJob you can stay for up to 2 years if you include our Outback package and work for 88 days out there.
How long will it take for my Working Holiday visa to be processed?
Most previous AusJobbers have been granted their Working Holidays Visas within the working day they apply (Aussie time). However they can take up to 6 days.
I want to be at the same company as a friend, can AusJob do this?
Unfortunately we cannot guarantee that friends will be placed at the same company. However if you opt for the fun week before your placement begins you can ensure you kick off your aussie adventure with your friend.
How old do I have to be to do AusJob in 2014?
As part of the Australian Working Holiday visa regulations, participants in the AusJob program must be 18 years of age at the time of applying for their visa.
What happens when I complete my application?
The AusJob team are constantly evaluating applications on its database. If we believe your application is good enough one of the team will give you a call and begin to talk to you about getting your application moving forwards.
What happens if I am denied a visa, but have paid my fees to AusJob?
AusJob cannot be held responsible for denied visas. The fees are non-refundable.
What happens to the money I pay to AusJob if I later withdraw my application?
If you withdraw your application as per our terms and conditions a refund will not be granted.